Up Newaygo Prev Next Slideshow

Originally incorporated as a village in 1867, Newaygo was later incorporated as a city on September 1, 1967. The city was named for the Chippewa Indian Chief Naw-wa-goo, who signed the Treaty of Saginaw in 1812. The city was founded by John A. Brooks, who first arrived in the area around 1836. Much of the city was destroyed in a fire in 1883.
Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

brdg_cons01_1953
brdg_cons02_1953
city_001
city_002
dam_1970
high_school001
mod_town001
Penoy_Brdg001
Penoy_Brdg002
brooksplaque01
brooksplaque02
NewgDam01
VanLeuven62b
NewgDept01
VanLeuven03a
VanLeuven03b
VanLeuven09a
VanLeuven12a
VanLeuven15a
VanLeuven17b
VanLeuven19a
VanLeuven19b
VanLeuven22a
VanLeuven22b

Total images: 79 | Last update: 8/26/09 2:05 PM | Made with JAlbum & Chameleon | Help