Up Newaygo Prev Next Slideshow

Originally incorporated as a village in 1867, Newaygo was later incorporated as a city on September 1, 1967. The city was named for the Chippewa Indian Chief Naw-wa-goo, who signed the Treaty of Saginaw in 1812. The city was founded by John A. Brooks, who first arrived in the area around 1836. Much of the city was destroyed in a fire in 1883.
Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

vanleuven23
vanleuven24
VanLeuven26a
VanLeuven26b
VanLeuven27a
VanLeuven27b
vanleuven28
VanLeuven33a
VanLeuven34a
VanLeuven36a
VanLeuven36b
VanLeuven37
VanLeuven39a
VanLeuven39b
VanLeuven40a
VanLeuven41a
VanLeuven41b
VanLeuven42a
VanLeuven45a
VanLeuven45b
VanLeuven46b
VanLeuven49b
VanLeuven51a
Newaygo001

Total images: 79 | Last update: 8/26/09 2:05 PM | Made with JAlbum & Chameleon | Help