Up Newaygo Prev Next Slideshow

Originally incorporated as a village in 1867, Newaygo was later incorporated as a city on September 1, 1967. The city was named for the Chippewa Indian Chief Naw-wa-goo, who signed the Treaty of Saginaw in 1812. The city was founded by John A. Brooks, who first arrived in the area around 1836. Much of the city was destroyed in a fire in 1883.
Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

VanLeuven49a
VanLeuven50a
VanLeuven50b
Newaygo002
VanLeuven51b
VanLeuven52a
VanLeuven57a
VanLeuven64
VanLeuven67
VanLeuven68
VanLeuven70a
VanLeuven70b
VanLeuven71a
VanLeuven71b
VanLeuven72
VanLeuven75a
VanLeuven76b
VanLeuven77a
Thompson028a
Thompson028b
BrooksHouse01
BrooksHouse02
Thompson039a
Thompson039b

Total images: 79 | Last update: 8/26/09 2:05 PM | Made with JAlbum & Chameleon | Help