Up Newaygo Prev Next Slideshow

Originally incorporated as a village in 1867, Newaygo was later incorporated as a city on September 1, 1967. The city was named for the Chippewa Indian Chief Naw-wa-goo, who signed the Treaty of Saginaw in 1812. The city was founded by John A. Brooks, who first arrived in the area around 1836. Much of the city was destroyed in a fire in 1883.
Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Thompson054a
Thompson054b
Thompson059a
Thompson059b
Thompson059bREV
Thompson052a
Newaygo003

Total images: 79 | Last update: 8/26/09 2:05 PM | Made with JAlbum & Chameleon | Help